William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
Tobacco Treatment Clinic
Options for treatment services:
- Individual phone calls – Speak with a healthcare provider about strategies and medications to help with your tobacco use goals. The first conversation is a 20-30-minute scheduled phone call, followed by brief, unscheduled phone calls every 2-8 weeks depending on your needs. Morning, afternoon, and evening appointments are available.
- Secure messaging – Email with a healthcare provider about strategies and medications to help with your tobacco use goals. To register for My HealtheVet secure messaging, visit https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/web/myhealthevet/secure-messaging-spotlight or call 1-800-877-8339. Once registered, send a message to the “Tobacco Treatment – PHARM” team.
- Group sessions – Discuss strategies and medications to help reduce or quit tobacco with other Veterans. Groups sessions are held at the Madison VA in Building 7 on Tuesdays, 11:00am-12:00pm.
Veterans receive the following:
- Counseling on behavioral strategies
- Medications, such as nicotine patch, gum, lozenge, bupropion, and varenicline
- Access to research studies that offer additional treatment options
To establish care, contact your healthcare provider or call 608-280-7084 to set up an appointment.
2500 Overlook Terrace
Madison, WI 53705
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm