William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
MOVE Program - Weight Management Program
MOVE! is a free national VA program designed by the VA National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (NCP), a part of the Office of Patient Care Services, to help veterans lose weight, keep it off and improve their health. Designed with you in mind, MOVE! works with you to make practical changes for lasting results.
- Your health and wellness are most important
- Healthy eating, exercise and good habits get results
- We work with you as partners, and we offer choices to best meet your needs
- Group Support
- TeleMOVE from your CBOC
- TeleMOVE from your home
- Regular follow-up and support from a professional VA provider
- Free Pedometer
- Tai Chi for Women
The MOVE! Program has options to meet your needs! We can work with you through individual appointments, weekly group classes, monthly group classes or even a program at home.
- Meet with a Registered Dietitian Monday-Friday.
- Appointments can be in person, by telephone or via Tele-MOVE at the CBOC
- Through education and discussion with professionals, you help decide on your goal
- Regular follow-up and support are provided to track progress and help meet Veteran's weight management goals.
- Weekly classes with different providers, monthly group classes and women only interdisciplinary group classes.
- These classes are tought in-person and some are available via Tele-MOVE at the CBOC.
- MOVE! Overview class is an orientation to the MOVE! Program. It is offered Monday-Thursday at 11 am in the Patient Education Resource Center. Walk-Ins are Welcome!
- Weekly classes Thursdays from 2 pm-4 pm (for 8 weeks).
- Monthly classes offered at multiple times thoughout the month.
- Women only classes also available.
- To help keep you motivated between appointments, you can get support from our home TeleMOVE! Program.
- This is a 90-day commitment.
- A landline telephone, computer router or a cell phone can be used.
- You will be provided with the equipment you need to track you progress.
- A Registered Nurse will work with you to help meet your weight management goals.
To learn more about MOVE!, please visit the VA National MOVE! website.
Patient Education Resource Center - Room A1005
2500 Overlook Terrace
Madison, WI 53705
- 608-256-1901 Ext. 11420
- 888-478-8321 Ext. 11420
Hours of Operation