William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
Back Maintenance School
About this Service
What is Back Maintenance School?
An approach with goals of:
- Improved postural awareness
- Improved body mechanics and lifting techniques
- Education on the importance of exercise in the management of back pain
- Education of spinal anatomy
What will the patient need to do?
One of the most important parts of treating chronic back pain is spinal protection and exercise. This needs to be done consistently and daily in order to improve the management of chronic back pain.
We offer our patients an instructiona- based program aimed at managing or decreasing chronic back pain. The patient may persue an individual follow-up appointment upon completion of the back class to address their specific needs and limitations.
Your treatment program may include:
- Postural Awareness Education
- Exercise and conditioning Instruction
- Body Mechanics and Lifting Instruction
Back to Physical Therapy main page
Second Floor B2
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service
2500 Overlook Terrace Madison, WI 53705
- 888-478-8321 Ext. 17036
Hours of Operation