William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
At the William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, we have established a number of procedures to assist you in getting an appointment without a long delay. Our goals are simple —
- you should be able to receive a new patient appointment in primary care within 30 days of your desired date.
- you should be able to receive a primary care appointment with an established primary care provider within seven days of your desired date.
- you should be scheduled for a specialty care appointment within 30 days of your desired date.
If you have received a letter stating that you need to make an appointment, please call the hospital at 1-608-280-7011.
Changing Your Appointment
For a listing of your current appointments in the next 30 days, please call the hospital at 1-608-280-7134 (available 24 hours per day).
If you cannot keep an existing appointment, please contact us as soon as you are aware you cannot make your appointment. This will allow us to reschedule you sooner as well as schedule one of your fellow veterans for the original appointment date and time. Call 1-608-280-7011 to reschedule.
Who to Call
To make an appointment with a particular clinic or service, call the listed phone number provided below —
|Primary Care Central||(608) 280-7059|
|Primary Care West||(608) 284-6360|
If you need to make or reschedule an appointment you can call scheduling, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday, (608) 280-7011.
If you have an urgent issue call Triage at (608) 280-7066 or 1-888-598-7793.
|Dental Clinic||(608) 280-7035|
|Ear, Nose, and Throat||
|Infusion Clinic||(608) 280-7017|
Managing Overweight and/or Obesity for Veterans Everywhere (M.O.V.E.) Clinic
|Oncology Clinic||(608) 280-7017|
|Mental Health Clinics|
|Psychiatry Urgent Care Assessment, Consult||(608) 280-7084|
|Mental Health Clinics||(608) 280-7084|
|Substance Abuse||(608) 280-7073|
extensions 11952 or 11139
|Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder||(608) 280-7084|
|Mental Health Intensive Case Management||(608) 280-7195|
All of the above programs can be accessed after hours by calling: 888-598-7793
|Occupational Therapy||(608) 280-7036|
|Physical Therapy||(608) 280-7036|
|Rehabilitative Medicine||(608) 280-7036|
|First Time Appointments (Eligibility)||(608) 280-7038|
|Registry Exam Appointment||(608) 280-7004|
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.