William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
Health educational materials are available In the Patient Education Resource Center (PERC) upon request during the Center's posted hours.
- Video Resources List of DVD videos that are available to be watched in the PERC
- Book Resources List of health books and cookbooks that are available in the PERC
- Magazines and Brochures - for browsing on general health or disease specific information
- Cookbooks - heart health and diabetic recipes
- health information handouts
- information about medications
- view patient education videos
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to —
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
My HealtheVet PCs are available for use in the PERC, and staff can assist with logging in and navigation of the system.
MEDLINEplus is a comprehensive resource for health consumers provided by the National Library of Medicine.
healthfinder® is a gateway to consumer health information sites from the United States government and non-profit health organizations.
emmiSafety * is a 5-minute presentation for patients about patient safety.
VA Consumer Health Web Sites * the VA Consumer Health Library Panel has published trusted and reliable Consumer Health Web Sites on Delicious (an Internet-based social bookmarking site).
MedlinePlus Web Site * includes a collection of animated anatomy videos as part of the A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia.