William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
Volunteer or Donate
We greatly appreciate the goodwill of our volunteers and benefactors who wish to give something back to America's heroes.
Volunteers provide many important functions throughout the facility and help make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Volunteers can perform a number of services, and a volunteer's talents are closely matched with one of our many assignments.
To volunteer, call or visit the Community Relations Service Office. We will be happy to receive your application or discuss how you can help us in our mission to provide comfort and care to America's veterans.
Cash donations are used for the comfort and welfare of our veteran patients, including —
- cable television for patient rooms
- patient room television set
- patient education support
- special events
Non-cash contributions are used to make our patients' stay more enjoyable. Items which are accepted include —
- magazines (within three months of being current and appropriate for all readers)
- NEW clothing only (Will accept gently used coats)
- telephone cards
- paperback books (content being appropriate for all readers)
- sewing items
To make a cash or non-cash contribution, please contact the Community Relations Service.