William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
About Madison, WisconsinMadison is the capital of Wisconsin and is geographically unique. The city is built on an isthmus and is surrounded by scenic lakes. These lakes provide access to the public for recreational activities such as skiing, sailing, swimming, fishing or to admire while leisurely walking or cycling around the city and state network of bike trails and paths.
In addition to the University of Wisconsin, Madison offers excellent technical, business, and liberal arts colleges. For those with families, one can expect to find innovative, accessible public and private primary and secondary schools. Madison high schools have consistently been named among the most outstanding in the nation.
The Madison area offers a variety of housing options to include apartment complexes, condominiums along lakes, and homes near the hospital. Housing costs are comparable to other mid-size U.S. Cities. There are numerous small towns within easy commuting distance of Madison for those who enjoy a more rural setting. Nine airlines fly in and out of the Dane County Regional Airport. Milwaukee is just 1 1/2 hours away, Chicago 3 hours, Minneapolis 5 hours by using easily accessible interstate highways.
- The City of Madison - www.ci.madison.wi.us *
- Wisconsin Badgers - www.uwbadgers.com *
- Madison Metropolitan School District - www.madison.k12.wi.us *
- University of Wisconsin - Madison - www.wisc.edu *
- Madison Area Technical College - www.matcmadison.edu *
- Madison Restaurants - www.madisondining.com *
- Madison Apartment Renting - www.madisonclick.com/dir/index.stx/Business_and_Shopping/Real_Estate/Apartments *
- Madison's State Street - www.state-st.com *
- Madison's Shopping Malls - www.ersys.com/usa/55/5548000/mall.htm *
- Dane County Farmers' Market - www.madfarmmkt.org *