William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
Patient Centered Care
Proclamation for Veteran Centered Care
As hospital staff at the William S. Middleton Veterans Hospital, we commit ourselves to Veterans, their families, and their support persons in order to deliver the highest level of personalized health care. We will understand and perform our mission skillfully and compassionately at every opportunity.
We recognize the following:
• We will treat each Veteran with respect
• We will honor each Veteran’s wishes and listen to their concerns.
• Our Veterans are our partners and have knowledge and expertise that they can share with us.
• We will empower Veterans to participate in their care by providing understandable health information.
• We will provide Veterans with all treatment options and respect their decisions about their care.
• Our Veterans’ family and friends are also our partners and we welcome their involvement.
• We will care for our staff members and support them in achieving their highest professional aspirations so that they can provide excellent care to our Veterans.
• We honor and respect our Veterans for their Military Service.
10 Components of Patient Centered Care
|Family, Friends, & Social Support||Spirituality|
|Information & Education||Human Touch|
|Nutritional & Nurturing Aspects of Food||Complementary Therapies|
|Architectural & Interior Design||Healthy Communities|
Veteran Satisfaction Survey in Mental Health
Commitment to Exceptional Service: Direct phone contacts for Veterans to reach clinic directors in Mental Health.
TEAM approach to care in Mental Health
New Patient Centered Mental Health Building Design