William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
About the William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
The main hospital includes:
85 acute care beds,
18 beds in the hospital’s residential rehabilitation treatment program, and
a community living center that provides an additional 26 beds for sub-acute transitional care, rehabilitation, and hospice care.
Total beds = 129
Provides tertiary medical, surgical, neurological, and psychiatric care, and a full range of outpatient services.
- Serves 130,000 Veterans living in 15 counties in south-central Wisconsin and in five counties in northwestern Illinois.
- Madison is the specialty care referral center for 57,000 Veterans who reside in the Tomah VAMC primary service area.
- The Madison VAH is affiliated with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, and is physically connected to the University of Wisconsin Clinical Science Center which includes the UW Hospitals and Clinics.
- The hospital also supports a Vet Center in Madison.
- Madison is responsible for community based outpatient clinics (CBOCs) at Janesville, Baraboo, Beaver Dam, WI, and Rockford and Freeport, IL and a primary care annex at Madison West Clinic.
- The Madison VA Hospital is one of seven facilities that comprise Veterans Integrated Services Network 12 which is administratively headquartered at Hines, IL, and includes facilities in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
- Our Telephone Care Service is proudly accredited by URAC (Utilization Review Accreditation Commission).